We are often asked if we have bridesmaid gowns, and YES we do! :) Here are our top 5 bridesmaid gowns for 2018 so far!
This coming Saturday, July 28th The Bustle will be holding it's second Sample Sale of the year!
We've been working hard to get this event ready for some amazing deals!
Here's what you need to know about this Saturday:
- No appointment needed
- Each bride will receive a number in line, it will be first come, first serve (we open at 10am)
- Each bride may bring in 2 guests max
- The gowns will be color coded with pricing
- The price points: $99, $599, and Couture Rack (pricing will be specifically marked for the couture gowns)
- The bride will be allowed 3 gowns in the dressing room at a time
- Each appointment will be 1 hour
- We will be taking brides in until 5pm.
There will be a large selection of sample gowns to choose from! Come find your dream dress for your dream price. :)
For more questions give us a call at 858-523-9254
WHAT IS A BUSTLE? AND DO I NEED ONE?
The answer is yes! As long as your wedding gown has a train, big or small, you'll 100% want a bustle! A bustle is created by your tailor. Essentially the tailor adds clear buttons and loops into the back and train of your gown. These buttons and loops camouflage into your gown, allowing the bride to hook up the train giving you more mobility.
WHEN DO I BUSTLE MY DRESS?
You'll want your train down for the ceremony and pictures, therefore you have the bustle put up for your reception! Your gown will be bustled from your first dance all the way to the end of the night. Having a bustle will allow you to really enjoy your celebration and not drag your train around.
WHAT WILL THE BUSTLE LOOK LIKE?
The interesting part of about bustles is the tailor designs them, not the gown designer. Your tailor creates them based off of the style and weight of our gown. Each button-to-loop is considered a bustle. Often brides have 3-5 point bustles! There are two types of bustles, the French and the English.
Now keep in mind that bustles are made by tailors, meaning that every bustles looks a little different! It comes down to the brides design preference! All bustles do the same job, so the look and placement of the bustle can be adjusted to the brides preference in her tailoring process! If there is a specific bustle design you've seen and really love be sure to save the picture and show your tailor! :) Now you finally know what those step-sisters from Cinderella are wearing on top of their rumps, believe it or not this look used to be all the rage!
There's a home for every wedding dress whether it's brand new or a sample. We have brides at The Bustle saying yes to their dream gown and purchasing off-the-rack all the time! The decision is all based on personal preference. While there are pros for ordering a brand new dress, there are also many perks for getting a sample. We've outlined a few advantages to consider when shopping and trying on gowns.
Pros for ordering a new dress
- You aren't limited to styles when trying on gowns since there are new designs every season!
- Since you're placing an order on a brand new dress, it will be in pristine condition.
- Measurements are taken to order a gown closest to your size. There's no need to worry about altering a gown two sizes too big.
- Some designers give options to customize parts of the dress when ordering. It'd be awesome to make the dress to match your personal style.
Pros for purchasing a sample gown
- Getting a gown off-the-rack means massive savings!
- You have a gown to begin alterations right away. This is important if you have a short timeline with a wedding coming up within the next few months.
- Aside from cleaning, alterations (hem and bustle) will be about the same as purchasing a new dress.
- Nobody will know you didn't purchase a brand new dress unless you tell them (;
OUR NEXT SAMPLE SALE:
Friday June 8, 2018
No appointment needed!
For all of you brides who just can't decide on one dress because you're IN LOVE with two looks... we've got the answer!
#1: For lace lovers
One, find the dress of your dreams! Step two, get a lace BOLERO! If your dream dress is strapless go ahead and simply wear a bolero over or underneath your dress!
Boleros come in all different patterns, sizes, and colors! You can wear the bolero for the entire wedding or take it off at the reception. Because the bolero is removable, the possibilities are endless!
Need an example? Here's our beautiful bride Kristyn in her Stella York gown! Images by True Photography.
#2: For a princess look
One, find the dress of your dreams! Step two, wear an OVER-SKIRT on top of your fitted gown! It is the perfect way to have the sexy fitted look and the perfect classic princess cut all in one day!
Over-skirts come in all different styles, cuts, colors & even different volumes! Some have trains while others don't! Just like boleros, the over-skirts are removable leaving you (The Bride) with plenty of options!
Brides often wear the over-skirt for the ceremony and then remove the skirt to have a lighter, fitted look for the reception!